Thursday, May 26, 2011

Songs get stuck in my head

I get songs stuck in my head a lot.  Sometimes it's because I have just heard them on the radio and then it will stay in my head the rest of the day or until a new song gets stuck in my head.

 http://health.howstuffworks.com/mental-health/human-nature/perception/songs-stuck-in-head.htm

Sometimes,  a song will just randomly pop in my head and then if I turn the radio on, that song will be on.  This happens with movies too.  I once heard that our brains can pick up on radio signals and that why we subconsiously get things in our head.  Not sure about that though.  Perhaps it's a coincidence that happens frequently.

I've heard different myths on how to get songs out of your head.  One was to hear the song in its entirety so that your brain will now the song is done.  Another was to start doing math.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Here are some other entertaining suggestions on how to rid your mind of the earworms:
 http://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Song-Out-of-Your-Head

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hurg, when I get songs stuck in my head, it's just these small, small parts... a couple seconds... and the music and/or words get to the point where I feel like I'm actually ailing from them. They're... attacking me, it doesn't matter if I like the song or not. Uh... thanks for reminding me about that, maybe I should learn something more about it already.