My husband always seems to get sick before I do, if I even get sick. I guess that means that my immune system is stronger than his. I hardly ever get sick, even though I am highly allergic to everything.
One of his cousins and one of my friends are germophobes and are constantly sanitizing everything, yet their kids are always sick.
I was trying to research if there is a reason why some people have stronger immune systems than others or if there is a way to strengthen your own immune system.
I came across this page:
http://alisongraham.hubpages.com/hub/Top-Tips-To-Boost-Immune-System-And-Build-Up-Immune-System-Naturally which listed:
- Learn how to deal with stress
- Get the right amount of sleep
- Drink plenty of water
- Cut down on refined foods and eliminate food allergens
- Eliminate toxins, chemicals and pesticides from your environment
- Cut down on alcohol and caffeine
- Eat plenty of Fruit and Vegetables
- Eat fish
- Take regular moderate exercise
- Get plenty of fresh air and sunshine
- Consider taking some supplements
- Wash your hands regularly
Many of the sites I came across mentioned the same types of things. I think they are all crock of crap.
- I guess I deal with stress fairly well
- I don't get enough sleep. Usually 6-7 hours.
- I don't drink as much water as I should.
- I have cut down on as much refined foods as possible. I avoid the food allergens that I am aware of.
- I drink alcohol moderately. I drink caffeine all the time.
- I don't eat enough fruit and vegetables.
- I rarely eat fish.
- I regularly exercise.
- I try to get fresh air and sunshine when possible.
- I take supplements, but not a multi-vitamins.
- I wash my hands regularly, but not with soap, as the soap dries my hands.
Perhaps there is no way to strengthen your immune system. Maybe it's just one of those things that you are born with or not?
A pretty good lesson on the Immune System: