Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Act of Contrition

It's Holy Week and I haven't gone to confession in  over five years.  Not that I am avoiding it or making excuses, but  life's obligations have kept me busy or I forget.  Usually confessions are on the weekends, and we are hardly home on the weekend.  It's always someone's birthday or wedding, christening, shower, etc.

I am making a plan to go tomorrow after Holy Thursday mass.

I am pretty sure that I need to know the Act of Contrition and I looked it up and didn't realize that there were so many versions.  I am just going to stick to the one that I learned growing up.  It's weird how I still remember it.

Oh My God, I am sorry for my sins.
In choosing to sin and failing to do good, I have sinned against You and Your Church.
I firmly intend, with the help of Your Son, to make up for my sins and to love as I should.
Amen.

No comments: